FCA – Financial Conduct Authority
Initial Disclosure Document
The Financial Conduct Authority is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. The FCA requires us to provide you the information in this document to help you decide if our services are right for you.
What service do we provide ?
Vansdirect Ltd are authorised by the FCA as a credit broker to offer you finance products provided by a selection of different finance lenders in conjunction with the sale of a vehicle. Best4Vans is a trading name of Vansdirect Ltd.
We will assist you in assessing your own requirements for finance in order to narrow down the choice of product and lender that suits your needs. You will not receive advice or a recommendation from us. We may ask some questions to narrow down the selection of products that we will provide details on. You will then need to make your own choice about how to proceed.
Whose products do we offer ?
As an FCA regulated credit broker we can introduce you to a selected group of lenders who may be able to help you finance your vehicle. This group of lenders provides us with a range of finance products that may be suitable for you.
Just ask us about products that we can offer to you and for a list of the finance lenders that we use.
What will we charge you for our service ?
We do not charge fees for the service that we provide.
However, some of our lenders may charge administration fees as part of the finance agreement. These fees will be clearly detailed to you on the documentation provided by the finance lender. Alternatively you can ask us for information of the fees charged by the lender & product that you choose.
We may receive commission from the finance lender that we have introduced you to should you decide to enter into an agreement with them.
Who regulates us ?
Vansdirect Ltd, Unit 6 The Courtyard, Imperial Park, Newport, NP10 8UL is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Best4Vans is a trading name of Vansdirect Ltd.
Our FCA Registration number is 690205. You can check this on the FCA’s register by visiting their website https://register.fca.org.uk/ or contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
Our permitted business is credit broking, debt adjusting and debt-counselling.
What to do if you have a complaint
We are committed to treating our customers fairly before, during and after the point of sale.
If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us:
Email – email@example.com
Call – 0845 021 0444 / 02920 534302
Write – Vansdirect Ltd, Unit 6, The Courtyard, Imperial Park, Newport, NP10 8UL
If we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service. The Financial Ombudsman Service contact details can be found here:
Vansdirect Treating Customers Fairly Policy
Vansdirect is fully committed to Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) and this policy has been designed to demonstrate the application of TCF during the course of our day to day activities. To this endeavor we have embedded the FCA’s six core consumer outcomes within our policies and processes
1. Consumers can be confident they are dealing with firms where TCF is central to the corporate culture
2. Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and targeted accordingly.
3. Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale
4. Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances
5. Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect and the associated service is both of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect
6. Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint
Our TCF Mission Statement
We will act with integrity in everything that we do and aim to be in partnership with our customers.
Our TCF Principles:
• Customers will be provided with clear information and kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
• We do not provide advice or recommendations of which finance product to choose. We will ask customers questions to narrow down the selection of products that we will provide details on. Customers will then need to make their own choice about how to proceed.
• Our level of service and product performance will meet the expectations of our customers as far as reasonably possible.
• We will ensure that there is no barrier for customers to express their requests, concerns or complaints, and will always be responsive to them.
• Products and services will be designed to meet the needs of clients.
Post-Sale Information and Support
Vansdirect strives to keep its customers informed at all times. Appropriate records are provided as required and on an ongoing basis. We have appropriate capacity and processing arrangements in place to ensure continuous support and no post-sale barriers. Vansdirect has a number of policies and procedures that are relevant to the fair treatment of customers and also achieve adherence to FCA requirements, these are (this not an exhaustive list):
• Data Protection Policy
• Training and Competence Policy
• Complaint Handling Procedure
• Financial Promotions Policy
Vansdirect ensures that all members of staff are familiar with the fundamental principles of TCF. In addition, where applicable, staff are trained in order to efficiently explain and provide our products and services. We make sure that all of our staff achieve the necessary standards and training in order to carry out their job functions with the required competence level. We undertake regular monitoring and assessment of our staff so that we can be certain of their competence.
Vansdirect aims to provide excellent customer service and complaint handling is a major component of its TCF measures. We deal with customer complaints fairly, objectively and in accordance with the rules laid down by the FCA. All complaints are recorded and monitored by our Customer Service Manager and reported and analysed in company reports and committee meetings.
Vansdirect culture is and has been throughout the years in line with the outcomes stipulated by the FCA’s TCF initiative. However, we frequently review our policies, procedures and practices to ensure that TCF remains a crucial part of our business.